You’re constructing your dream dwelling, and maybe you’re overwhelmed with the sheer number of materials selections accessible available in the market as we speak. Nicely, you’re not alone!
The fabric you select for the flooring will play a giant function in how your inside areas look and the way simple they’re to keep up. If you happen to’re questioning the best way to slender down your selections, we’re right here to provide the lowdown on vitrified tiles and granite, two of the preferred selections for properties.
What are Vitrified Tiles?
Vitrified tiles are manufacturing unit manufactured tiles made out of clay, quartz, feldspar and silica, and can be found in a mind-boggling number of patterns, colors and designs. Because the tile is manufactured by fusing the supplies at extraordinarily excessive temperatures, they’re onerous, very dense and with low porosity.
Vitrified tiles are highly regarded amongst dwelling house owners for these causes:
- They’ve very excessive mechanical power and are very proof against chipping and scratching
- The colors don’t fade even when uncovered to direct daylight
- They’re very sturdy and actually final endlessly!
- They’re simple to put in and don’t require sprucing
- They are often laid on prime of an current ground, which makes this an incredible alternative for dwelling modifications
- Vitrified tiles are very simple to scrub and are low-maintenance
- These tiles can be found in several sizes, designs and hues and may complement nearly any fashion of dwelling decor.
Granite is a pure stone, quarried from a tough and compact igneous rock that’s comprised of quartz, feldspar and mica. The minerals it’s made up of give the stone its pure color, which may vary from shades of deep black, via inexperienced, gray and crimson and even white, with specks or streaks of varied tints.
Granite is far most well-liked as a flooring choice due to these properties:
- Granite may be polished to a mirrorlike end appropriate to be used in flooring and for partitions and counters
- It can be flamed to present it a uniform tough look and non-slip properties, that are appropriate to be used in exterior areas and within the moist areas of loos
- As it’s a pure stone, every slab will look distinctive
- It’s fully impervious to water, and is warmth resistant and scratchproof
- Granite requires little to no upkeep
- The stone is very sturdy and needn’t ever get replaced
- It’s additionally very simple to scrub
- You possibly can decide from a variety of hanging colors, every of which is taken into account a method assertion.
Vitrified Tiles vs Granite: Let’s Examine!
That can assist you make an knowledgeable resolution, we’ve made this fast comparability within the type of the desk beneath.
|What’s it?||Manufacturing facility-manufactured tile made out of clay, quartz, feldspar and silica; fused at extraordinarily excessive temperatures||Pure stone that’s quarried from igneous rock|
|Look||Accessible in quite a lot of finishes, patterns, designs and hues.||Accessible in pure colors resembling black, crimson, inexperienced, white and gray.|
|Availability||Accessible as tiles in lots of sizes, starting from 300 x 300mm, 600 x 600 mm, 600 x 1200 mm, 800 x 800 mm, 800 x 1200 mm and 1200 x 1200 mm. Every tile is often 10-12 mm thick.||Accessible as slabs and as tiles. Will be minimize to the dimensions you require, with minimal joints. Countertop thickness is often 20 mm to 30 mm.
Flooring is often 14-18 mm thick.
|Upkeep||Very low upkeep||Very low upkeep|
|Ease of laying||Very simple and fast||Takes time and requires experience|
|Ease of cleansing||Very simple to scrub||Very simple to scrub|
|Value||Begins from Rs 60 per sft, upwards||Dearer than tiles. Good high quality tiles will price upward of Rs 100 per sft and skirting, borders, grooves and inlays will come at an extra price.|
|Sturdiness||Extremely sturdy||Extremely sturdy|
|Scratch resistance||Scratchproof||Might get scratched with sharp objects. Nevertheless, that is impossible.|
|Water resistance||Impervious to water||Impervious to water|
Disadvantages and Drawbacks: How Do You Make Your Alternative?
Each granite and vitrified tiles are good flooring selections. How would you make your shopping for resolution? Preserve these components in thoughts:
If your property is all pure, and you’ve got opted to decide on sustainable, natural supplies, then go for granite over tiles, that are factory-made and have a specific amount of chemical substances of their composition.
Vitrified tiles supply far more selection by way of finishes, patterns and textures. They’re even accessible in granite and marble lookalike finishes! An in depth look, nevertheless, will present that the patterns of vitrified tiles hold repeating, whereas the looks of granite is exclusive as a result of pure inflexions within the stone.
Granite is the extra luxurious choice, whereas vitrified tiles give a pure look that may by no means be overwhelmed.
If you happen to’re on a funds, vitrified tiles could be the extra economical alternative.
Once more, when you have time constraints, go for vitrified tiles!
Some extent to notice: Polished tiles, whether or not vitrified or granite, will all the time get very slippery when moist and may result in nasty falls. At all times go for anti-skid tiles in areas which can be prone to get moist; they’ve a tough floor texture and are appropriate to be used within the bathe areas of loos, balconies, terraces and for outside landscaping.
Nicely, there you could have it—our tackle the variations between vitrified tiles and granite! If you happen to’re nonetheless unable to choose, jump over to the closest HomeLane expertise centre, or give us a name. Our skilled designers are glad to handhold you thru your resolution making!