What’s the fuss about?
In India, buying land or houses is not a simple task. The north-facing houses are the most in-demand. Due to the high demand, these houses are overpriced. The second most in-demand direction is the east. East-facing houses are considered to be the best after the north ones. When you ask a buyer about their preferences, they will make sure the ‘Vastu’ is right. Sometimes, these buyers are also likely to pay extra from their pockets if the property is following the Vastu norms.
Countries like the USA and Australia have also started adapting this and have priced east and north-facing homes at high rates.
What is Vastu and why is it important?
Vastu, short for Vastu Shastra, is an ancient Indian science. It was developed thousands of years ago. ‘Vastu’ means house in Sanskrit and ‘Shastra’ means science or study of something. When we put these two together, it means the science of architecture. Vastu includes the importance of directions, elements, and energies emanated by nature.
Vastu is necessary to create a lively and pleasant environment to live or work in. Vastu Shastra explains that everything in the universe is made of positive and negative energies. And each space or place has a certain level and vibrations of energy associated with it. Vastu Shastra focuses on eliminating negative vibrations and enhancing positive vibrations. It is said that if a place is set up according to Vastu; it brings good health, wealth, prosperity, and happiness. And who doesn’t want that!
What are Vastu directions?
Directions in Vastu Shastra play a pivotal role. We all have learned that there are four directions North, East, South, and West. But in Vastu Shastra, there are eight directions and each direction is equally important:
- North-east (also known as Ishana)
- North-west (also known as Vayaya)
- South-east (also known as Agneya)
- South-west (also known as Nirutya)
What is an east-facing home?
Many people confuse the direction and orientation of the house. It can be recognized easily by following this trick. If the entrance faces the east, it is an east-facing home. In easy words, when you are inside the house and if you face east while coming out of the house, it is an east-facing house.
Do all east-facing homes bring fortune and luck?
Though as is the widely believed conception that east-facing homes are auspicious, not all are. All east-facing homes are not equally auspicious. Some may also be inauspicious. It means that it is not the direction or orientation of the house that is the only factor in bringing luck and fortune to your homes. There are other factors also which contribute to it.
East-facing space is suitable for homes in buildings or multistoried apartments. East direction is not the best or the wisest choice for bungalows or individual spaces.
Vastu Tips for East facing house
- Measure the actual east direction of your plot using a magnetic compass.
- Pooja room in the north-east is very auspicious as the north-east is the zone of mental peace.
- Stairs are best in the south or west direction.
- Placement of balconies or free space in the east is the best decision as it will make sure that morning sun rays enter the house. This will keep you positive and energetic all day long.
- The kitchen should be strategically placed in the south-east or the north-west direction. And one must face the east while cooking in the south-east or west in the north-west kitchen.
- The north and east directions should have shorter and thinner walls than the south and west walls.
- Place a crystal globe in the north-east direction for Vastu for interiors if a student is in the house.
- The Master bedroom in the south-west direction is the best choice.
- A living room in the north-east also brings luck and prosperity.
- Salt is the universal healer. Hence, it is advised to place bowls of rock salt at the corners of the house.
Vastu don’ts for east-facing homes
- There should be no toilets in the north-east.
- One must not place septic tanks in the north-east corner of the house.
- A kitchen in the north-east is a big no-no.
- Avoid stairs in the north-east direction.
- The garage should not be designed in the north-east.
- There should be no object constricting the entrance, For example, tree, pole, etc.
- The north-east should not be heavily packed or blocked.
- The plot must not slope from north to south in any circumstances.
- Avoid placing a mirror in front of the bed, your reflection must not be visible when you’re in bed.
- Trees must not be planted in the north or the east direction.
Many people believe in Vastu Shastra. But some people do not believe in it because Vastu is thought to be a superstition. It should be taken into account that Vastu Shastra is a science that our ancient rishis established. Also, one must get their space checked by only verified Vastu consultants as there are many fraudulent people in this field. Through this article, you have gathered ample information to go ahead and get your place designed according to the Vastu norms. For expert advise get in touch with the HomeLane team and do not forget to use the magnetic compass first!