From sunset scenes to botanicals, geometric patterns to paisley prints, wallpaper is a lovely way to transform the look of your living room. While the right choice can elevate your room from the ordinary to timeless, get it wrong and you can mar the look of your interior to something that’s unspeakably horrific!
Without a doubt, choosing the right wallpaper can be tricky. Keep these pointers in mind:
- Colour is what sets the mood in a room. Cool colours like blue and grey create a peaceful, tranquil feel, while warm colours like reds and yellows add vibrancy and heat.
- If the wall surface is uneven or imperfect, opt for textured wallpaper that can hide all the flaws.
- Small prints and regular patterns tend to look more formal, while larger prints and irregular patterns add funky character.
- If your room is dark, use subtle metallic hints or reflective wallpaper that will bounce the light around. Remember that dark shades absorb light, and heavily textured surfaces too will tend to reduce the brightness in the room.
- Vertical lines make the ceiling appear taller, while horizontal lines make the room seem to be wider than it is.
- Try wallpapering only part of a