Different Categories of Wall Paints
1. Acrylic Emulsion Paints
- Acrylic emulsion paints dry very quickly. They are available in various finishes ranging from matte and silk, to glossy.
- The paint is water-based, therefore, it does not emit high levels of toxic VOCs.
- Emulsion paint is durable and can be wiped clean by using a cloth dipped in soapy water.
- Acrylic colours do not fade in sunlight.
- The acrylic component offers elasticity and makes the surface resistant to cracking.
- The paint cannot be applied directly on the wall and requires a base coat of primer.
2. Distemper Paint
Also known as whitewash