A bedroom is that place of the house where we rejuvenate our body, mind, and soul for the journey ahead. We spend some quality time with our loved ones in the bedroom. It is the place where we feel protected and cosy. The bedroom interior should ideally be bright and soothing, where the mind can relax and rejuvenate. Whatever home furniture you choose, you should be extra cautious while choosing your bed style because it is the bed style that defines your bedroom.
Here Are Some Tips on How You Can Design Your Bedroom Interior:
- Whether your bedroom is big or small, place the bed in the centre of the main wall so that there is walking space on both sides of the bed.
- Whatever colour you choose for the walls of your bedroom does not matter as long as there is enough natural as well as artificial light. You can have big airy windows in your bedroom. Other than that, chandeliers, table lamps, and floor lamps are best suited for your bedroom interior. You can also place big mirrors in your bedroom, which will reflect the light to make the room look spacious and bright.
- If you do not have the option of big and airy windows, colour the walls bright yet sober. The bedroom should exude warmth and calmness. You can choose the colours according to your personality. You can go for beige or white, or you can also go for pastel shades for the walls of your bedroom.
- The kind of home furniture you choose is essential for your bedroom interior. If your bedroom is small, do away with all the unnecessary furniture. Keep it simple and do not fill your bedroom with too much small furniture. Instead, concentrate on a lesser number of big furniture that will make the room look less messy and comparatively large.
- Another very important factor for your bedroom interior is your bed style. The right bed is very crucial because the bed takes a lot of space in your bedroom. A well-designed bed can change the look of your bedroom. It can make your bedroom interior look chic and elegant. If your room is small, do not opt for a king-size bed, as it will make the room look crowded. On the other hand, a small bed in a large room makes the bed look out of place.
Types of bed for your bedroom interior:
The best bed style for an updated look. A platform bed gives your bedroom interior a very modern outlook. They are also budget-friendly as the slats are so closely set that a platform bed does not require box springs. The flat frame makes the bed very sturdy and durable. It is profitable for all types of people, whether tall or short, heavy built or light built.
A panel bed has rails along the sides to support both the mattress and the mattress foundation. Panel beds have slatted panels of wooden boards at the base. This bed style is perfect for the durability of the mattress because it lets the mattress breathe. Panel beds render a more traditional look to your bedroom interior whereas a platform bed is trendy.
As the name suggests, a sleigh bed has curved headboards and footboards. They are inspired by ancient Roman and Greek bed style. They are quite heavy and traditional.
Also known as the wall bed or fold-down bed, a murphy bed is a bed suited for bedrooms with very less floor space. The bed is hinged vertically against a wall or cabinet and pulled down when needed. Though murphy beds consume very less space, they are risky if not secured to the wall properly.
Though the canopy bed style dates back to the 1800s, it is gaining popularity in 2020. They are suitable for bedrooms of all sizes and make the bedroom interior chic and dramatic. They have rich fabric draped from the top and on all sides. The drapes are ornamented with tassels and other detailing.
A poster bed is an antique bed style and quite out of use nowadays. They have four vertical columns on each side to support an upper panel.
Cottage Style Bed
A cottage-style bed is characterised by colourful and comfortable design. They are ideal for people who love the comfort and a fine texture.
Futon/ Sofa cum Bed
Futons and sofa cum beds are ideal for a small bedroom interior. They are also ideal for houses which do not have a separate drawing area. Futons or sofa cum beds are used as a seating arrangement in the daytime or evening and for sleeping at night. They serve the dual purpose and occupy less space.
A bunk bed is ideal for kids, especially if there is more than one in the house. A bunk bed resembles a train bunk. It is not ideal for very small kids, as there might be fall-related injuries.
This is the latest bed style in the market. It has got this name because the bed looks as if it is floating in the air. It gives a luxurious effect to the bedroom interior.
These are best for kids or guests. They are real space savers and ideal for small bedrooms. They are small beds kept under the regular bed and pulled out as and when required.
A frame-bed is one which has a frame around the bed to hold the mattress or the mattress foundation. A frame-bed can be made of wood or metal.
Wooden beds are the most common type of beds and are ideal for your bedroom interior. Wooden home furniture has always been in fashion. These beds are a bit more expensive than metal beds, but they are durable and rust-free.
The purpose of the article was to give you an idea of the different kinds of bed styles available in the market. If you are planning to renovate your house or purchase a new bed, log in to HomeLane for exclusive ideas on home décor in a pocket-friendly manner.